Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    May 06, 2015 @ 10:42
    Martin Griffiths

What happened to the new Our?`

It came and it went....What happened, and will we see a new look forum?

M.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 06, 2015 @ 11:34
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Martin, 

We are working hard at the moment with the new Our, and hopefully we are able to get it ready to be launched to CodeGarden.

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 06, 2015 @ 11:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Martin

It never really came since it did not quite work once it was up so HQ rolled back and is probably working on fixing the issues that caused the performance to be really bad once it was up initially - However I know HQ are quite busy at the moment preparing for Codegarden, working on "Umbraco.com / Umbraco as a service" or what it's named these days :) - I asked Sebastiaan a while ago what the new plan was and he said that once they got some breathing time they would give the launch of the new forum another go.

So I think we might need to be patient for a couple of more months and I would be surprised (In a good way) if the forum is launched before Codegarden. I think that perhaps around August or September maybe - But that's just my guess. All I know is that it's going to happen it's just a question about when.

You can get an idea what the new forum will look like in this uHangout with Rune and Simon from HQ who has been working on it https://www.youtube.com/embed/GU5jnyF8O3A?autoplay=1

Hope this helps somewhat :)

/Jan

May 06, 2015 @ 11:37
    Jan Skovgaard

As usual Dennis beat me to it :)

/Jan

May 06, 2015 @ 11:40
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Jan

On the day it launched I played with it, quite liked it.....and then bang all went dead! lol.

Well, I'll look forward to new improved, new release :)

M.

May 06, 2015 @ 11:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Martin

Yeah I know it was up for quite a bit went down, got up, went down again - I got to see the new frontpage in action but when I clicked through to a post the site was loading fooooreeeeveeer in my end and probably in other ends too (If that makes english?)...so we just have to be patient. It's going to happen for sure and sounds like they're trying to make it happen at CG per Dennis post - Yay! Can't wait! :)

/Jan

Jun 10, 2015 @ 17:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Martin

The new Our has FINALLY been launched! Yay!

And this answer was written on a Phone! Woot :)

/Jan

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 10, 2015 @ 17:54
    Kevin Jump

It looks like some packages have lost their files ?

Nested Content no has no releases and no archived files ? https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/nested-content/

and uSync lost the latest version (and said no current release), it's always possible i forgot to upload the latest version, but I downloaded nested content from our yesterday.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 10, 2015 @ 20:07
    Dan Diplo

Links to members (from forum posts) aren't working. Just click on Kevin's big head, for example :)

• Mike Sheehan 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 10, 2015 @ 21:10
    Mike Sheehan

I'm getting a lot of 404 errors for pages from the old 'our' site that come up in google search and other sites like stackoverflow.com. Is there a plan to provide 301 redirects from old to new content?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 07:21
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sorry Kevin, some data was not synced properly. Should be all good now!
    I might have overwritten something with an older version if you just updated it yesterday though, make sure to check that the latest release is really the latest.

@Dan Working on it, thanks!

@Mike We're working on fixing the documentation 404s, anything else that's not working? Got examples?

• Mike Sheehan 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 15:24
    Mike Sheehan

I haven't run into any 404s in a few days, all appears to be resolved now. I'll post back if I come across anything else.

As others have mentioned - great work! I really enjoy the new site and it is a BIG improvement!

• Tony Groome 261 posts 804 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 07:35
    Tony Groome

Hi Guys

This is looking deadly. The pop out list for the 'Activity in threads you participated in' is really slick and direct to the links too - brilliant. I frequent this section as I usually have the same question again!!

Enjoy #CG15 I'm hoping to get there next year. Too many new things this year, new job, new house, kids in new schools...... :)

All good!

Tony

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 07:35
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

@Sebastiaan I also noticed my package Switcher yesterday was missing the latest version - so I uploaded the latest package zip again - after that it added the tags "datatype" 486 times :o ... https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/switcher/ ..

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/OUR-117 http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/OUR-110

I have reported some issues on the issue tracker of what I have noticed.

Jun 11, 2015 @ 08:04
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Thanks Bjarne, sorry about that! We're looking into it, might take until next week until we can get it fixed though.

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 08:28
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

It is okay, it is Codegarden week :) .. I just noticed some bugs here and there and some things for improvement.

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 08:19
    Steve Morgan

The step by step documentation "Creating a site with Umbraco" is missing.

I can see the style of documentation is aiming to be more of a reference than tutorial but I think this is going to put off new users to Umbraco.

There is a link under legacy documentation https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Creating-Basic-Site/ but the pages I wrote (with Jevon's help) are gone.

Jun 11, 2015 @ 08:24
    Martin Griffiths

Well done everyone, the new our looks fabulous....

One question, is there any chance we could have quite a few more latest forum entries on the homepage....I have a tendency to pick up on posts from there and at the moment its too limited.

Thanks

Martin.

Jun 11, 2015 @ 08:30
    Sebastiaan Janssen
  • Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 08:34
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Martin,

If you have some feature requests or find some bugs, and something that you think need to be improved.

Then please add this to the issue tracker here http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/our

/Dennis

Jun 11, 2015 @ 08:34
    Martin Griffiths

DOH! yea, that's great. Love the lazy loader too. :-)

This is such a huge improvement, really impressed.

M.

Jun 11, 2015 @ 08:44
    Sebastiaan Janssen

We fixed up the documentation now so the old links should work again! cc @Steve :)

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 13:01
    Niels Lynggaard

Still missing links & pictures under documentation.

For instance;

pictures here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/

All links on this page: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Extending/Property-Editors/property-editors-v7/

Etc. etc. etc..

Jun 16, 2015 @ 13:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hey Niels :)

To make it smoother for the guys to see the issues and be able to prioritize the things that come in I'll suggest that you file issues at http://issues.umbraco.org/issues/our too since that makes it less confusing to figure out what has already been reported and what has not etc.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: Hope you're doing well at the new job and everything :)

Jun 16, 2015 @ 15:15
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sorry Niels, broke it while attempting to fix some links today, should be all good again!

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 08:48
    Steve Morgan

Aceola! Also forgot to say - it's a MASSIVE improvement! Well done to all those involved!

Jun 11, 2015 @ 09:15
    Martin Griffiths

A quick question to those in the know...

What exactly does "legacy documentation" mean? Surely not deprecated APIs.

An example...

ContentService

Surely this is still a current API?

M.

Jun 16, 2015 @ 15:16
    Sebastiaan Janssen

@Martin No we need to re-word that, we've restructured the docs and the "legacy" is the old structure (still there to preserve links). We'll redirect those to pages in the new structure at some point. So forget about the word Legacy, we'll remove it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft